Preventative medicine carries a different meaning at our practice. Through collaboration with your pet’s conventional veterinarians, we work together to provide all the tools in the toolbox for your pet. Owners seeking a holistic approach to their pet’s veterinary care, will find unlimited resources at our practice to obtain those results. Whether you are interested in discussing flea and tick prevention, the best diet for your pet, or what other options are available to treat your pet’s disease, we can help.
Which diagnostic tests can our practice perform?
We collaborate with area specialists, universities and the best laboratories to perform additional diagnostics for our patients such as;
- Radiographs (x-rays) and Ultrasound read and interpreted by a board-certified veterinary radiologist on an Outpatient basis at a local facility
- Cytology and Aspirates of any concerning masses or lumps evaluated by a board-certified veterinary pathologist
- Core Vaccine and Rabies Titers for dogs and cats through Kansas State University
- Complete and comprehensive blood work, urine and fecal testing for evaluation of overall health and wellness
- Endocrinology panels, including thyroid and adrenal function testing through Michigan State University
- Comprehensive panels for all possible tick borne disease exposure with North Carolina State University
- MDR-1 gene mutation testing through Washington State University
- Second opinions on tumor biopsies to a private laboratory with a panel of PhD tumor biologist on staff as pathologists
- Molecular diagnostics on hematologic (blood) cancers through Colorado State University
What services are not offered at our practice?
Services not offered at our practice include surgery, dentistry, emergency care, vaccines, conventional medications, x-rays, ultrasound, sedation, anesthesia, euthanasia or hospitalization. All of our patients are required to have a primary care veterinarian, so that when these services are required, we can all work together for the maximal health of your pet!