– Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech), Blacksburg, VA – B.S.
- Cum Laude
- Honors Commonwealth Scholar
– University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine, Gainesville, FL – D.V.M
- Class President 2007, 2008, 2010
- Student Chapter of the American Veterinary Medical Association President 2009, Ex-Officio 2010
- Student Chapter of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine Founder President 2009, 2010
– University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, Philadelphia, PA – Small Animal Internship.
– University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, Philadelphia, PA – Medical Oncology Residency.
– Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine, Oncology (DACVIM-Oncology), ACVIM, Lakewood, CO.
– Certified Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine Practitioner (TCVMP), Chi Institute, Reddick, FL.
– Certified Veterinary Chinese Herbalist (CVCH), Chi Institute, Reddick, FL.
– Certified Veterinary Food Therapist (CVFT), Chi Institute, Reddick, FL.
– Certified Veterinary Tui-na Practitioner (CVTP), Chi Institute, FL.
– Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist (CVA), Chi Institute, FL.
- Pope, K. How to Treat Cancer with Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine. World Association of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine; invited lead article. Currently under peer review.
- Pope, K. Safety and Dosing of Intravenous Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) in Tumor-Bearing Animals. Poster abstract. Veterinary Cancer Society Annual Conference,Portland, Oregon, October 2017.
- Pope, K. Integrative Oncology: 2 lecture hours, Integrative Medicine: 1 lecture hour, International Association for Animal Hospice and Palliative Care Annual Conference,Seattle, Washington October 2017..
- Pope, K. Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine in Veterinary Oncology. Small Animal Veterinarian. 2017; 4: 106. Translated into Chinese.
- Pope, K. NJVTA Lecture Hours
- Pope, K. Acupuncture in Conventional Cancer Care. NAVC Clinician’s Brief, September 2016.
- Pope, K. Krick E. Effects of Acupuncture on Chemotherapy-induced Myelosuppression and Gastrointestinal Toxicity in Dogs with Lymphoma: a prospective, randomized clinical trial. Trial in progress.
- Poster abstract. Veterinary Cancer Society, October 2016. Orlando, Florida.
- Poster abstract. Society of Integrative Oncology Annual Conference, Harvard University Medical School. November 2015. Boston, Massachusetts.
- Oral abstract. House Officer Research Day, University of Pennsylvania, School of Veterinary Medicine. 2nd place resident presentation. June 2015. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Poster abstract. American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association Annual Conference. September 2014. Portland, Oregon.
- Grant awarded by the American Holistic Veterinary Medical Foundation
- Pope K, McNeill C, Tun A, Brown DC, Krick E. Outcome and Toxicity Assessment of Feline Small Cell Lymphoma: 56 cases (2000-2010). Veterinary Medicine and Science, Oct 2015; 1(2) 51-62.
- Pope K, Evidence-Based Equine Herbal Medicine. Integrative Veterinary Care Journal, December 2014.
- Pope K, Lyons B, Brown DC, Krick E. The Effects of Supplements on Treatment Outcome and Toxicity for Dogs Receiving Doxorubicin-based Chemotherapy. Poster abstract. Veterinary Cancer Society Annual Conference. October 2013. Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Pope K, Wormer C. Canine Melanoma: Updates on Recommended Treatment. Surgical Oncology Rounds Series. September 2013. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Pope K, Evidence-Based Chinese Herbal Medicine. NAVC Clinician’s Brief, May 2013.
- Pope K, Healthy ways to treat your cat and dog. PetMD.com, January 2013.
- Pope K, Vitamins for Winter Pet Health. Pet360.com, December 2012.
- Pope K, Cioffi K. Feline Injection Site Sarcomas. Surgical Oncology Rounds Series. November 2012. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Pope K, McNeill C, Tun A, Brown DC, Krick E. Outcome and Toxicity Assessment of Feline Small Cell Lymphoma. Poster abstract. Veterinary Cancer Society Annual Conference. October 2012. Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Milner R, Pope K. The clinical response to a disialoganglioside (GD3) based melanoma vaccine in naturally occurring canine melanoma. Manuscript in preparation. Intended submission to Veterinary Immunology and Immunopathology.
- Pope K, Milner R. University of Florida Melanoma Vaccine Trial: Phase 2 Evaluation. Phi Zeta Research Emphasis Day, Poster abstract. February 7, 2011. University of Florida, College of Veterinary Medicine. Gainesville, Florida.
- Milner R, Pope, K. A Ganglioside (GD3) based Melanoma Vaccine in Naturally Occurring Canine Melanoma. Cancer Vaccines in Veterinary Medicine, Vaccinology Lecture Series. November 1, 2010. Western Michigan University.
- Slotta TAB, Pope K. Phylogenetics of the Malacothamnus alliance (Malvaceae): Assessing the role of hybridization and molecular and morphological variation in species delineation. PhD Dissertation. June 8, 2004. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
– David Winston Ethno-Botanical Seminar, NY Complementary and Alternative Veterinary Medical Association, Phoenicia, NY
– Level I Reiki Practitioner Certification, Unity Healing House, Long Branch, NJ
– Western Herbal Immersion, College of Integrative Veterinary Therapy, Laurel, MD
– Advanced Small Animal Acupuncture Course, Chi Institute for Traditional Chinese Medicine, Reddick, FL
– Clinical Observorship, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Abramson Cancer Center, Integrative Medicine Department, Philadelphia, PA
– Integrative Medicine Program Development Workshop, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
– Clinical Observorship, Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Eastern Regional Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
– Clinical Observorship, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Integrative Medicine Program, New York, NY
– Dr. Kendra Pope, LLC, Red Bank, NJ
- Owner, Veterinarian, Integrative Oncology and Veterinary Wellness
– Red Bank Veterinary Hospital, Tinton Falls, Hillsborough Mount Laurel, NJ
- Veterinarian, Integrative Medicine Oncology, Medical Oncology
– Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Service, Levittown, PA
- Veterinarian, Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine
– University of Pennsylvania, School of Veterinary Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Veterinarian, Medical Oncology
– Saint Francis Veterinary Center, Swedesboro, NJ
- Veterinarian, Emergency Medicine and Acupuncture
– University of Pennsylvania, School of Veterinary Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Veterinarian, Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
– Veterinary Cancer Society Student Excellence Award
– Student Chapter of the American Veterinary Medical Association Activities Award
– University of Florida, College of Veterinary Medicine Student Ambassador
– J. E. Salsbury Veterinary Medicine Scholarship
– University of Florida Student Government Senator, Veterinary Medicine
– Student Chapter of the American Veterinary Medical Association Hill’s Award
– Soderstrom Domaschk Scholarship
– Student Chapter of the American Veterinary Medical Association Pfizer Award
– University of Florida Shand’s Board of Directors’ Scholarship
– Florida Veterinary Medical Association Scholarship
– William and Clara Strickland Inman Graduate Fellowship
– American Veterinary Medical Association Veterinary Leadership Experience
– University of Florida Veterinary Medicine Grant
– Priscilla Henderson Scholarship
– American College of Veterinary Botanical Medicine (ACVMB)
- Organizational Committee/Taskforce
– American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association (AHVMA)
– Veterinary Botanical Medicine Association (VBMA)
– Resources for Alternative and Integrative Veterinary Education (RAIVE) Evaluator
– Veterinary Information Network (VIN) Contributor – Alternative Medicine Folder
– American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM)
– Society for Integrative Oncology (SIO)
- Education Committee Nov 2014 –Nov 2017
– Peer reviewer for North American Veterinary Community (NAVC) Clinician’s Brief
– American Association of Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (AATCVM)
– Veterinary Cancer Society (VCS)
– American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
– The Brodie Fund, 501c3 organization providing treatment to pets diagnosed with cancer
- Advisory Board Member
- Grant-eligible Practice Owner